Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Great Room Rearrange

Ever since moving into our house, we've been racking our brains on how to rearrange the boys and make way for baby. I threw out the idea of putting Greyson on a trundle and having it slide under the boys bunk beds during the day, putting the twins into one level of the bunk bed, and Greyson on the other bed, (Promise it's not bad parenting... the twins sleep together 5 out of 7 nights anyway.) Not to sound like a negative nelly or anything, but for every idea I had, Brandon had problems with it. He didn't want G to feel like he didn't have a bed (trundle), and when the time comes that the twins no longer want to snuggle at night (tear) he didn't want to have to come up with a whole other plan on what to do. In the long run, we will eventually move the twins down into the basement, but they are only 4 1/2, and neither of us are comfortable with the idea of them being downstairs any time soon.
I've brainstormed with Brandon, my mom, and Carrie, and none of us could really come up with a "Great" idea. So one day when cleaning both of the rooms that the boys sleep in, I came to the realization that all we were trying to do, was put G into the twins room. We never... err... I never thought about putting the twins into G's room. (G's room has a vaulted ceiling and shares a wall with our room, so I always just thought that we would put the baby in there for practicality reasons.) After measuring the room about ten times, and then measuring out the bunkbeds and Greyson's bed frame, I discovered that it would fit, with two inches to spare. It would be cramped, but it would fit!!








I immediately called Brandon, and explained the layout to him, and then called my dad, because we always need his help! Brandon was relieved that I finally decided on what to do, and the boys were excited because they'll all get to share a room. (How long that excitement will last, I do not know, but we are taking advantage of it for now!) I asked my dad if he would come and help Brandon rearrange later that evening, before we changed our minds, and he agreed to come after dinner. What we thought would take about twenty minutes ended up taking a little bit longer, due to the corners in the hall, but we finally did it!

Hopefully the boys don't drive me nuts in all of their excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment