Sunday, September 11, 2011

No Sew Curtains

Earlier this summer I was playing around on websites trying to get ideas on curtains and some other ideas for Harpers nursery. I had the bedding, I had already picked out the furniture, I knew what paint colors I wanted. But I had not idea about curtains, and decor.
I had searched EVERY where for full length curtains, but found nothing that either matched or that I liked. Luckily I ran across this awesome blog. I looked at it for hours..(this is before I took a nap everyday and totally skipped out on making my family dinner that night!)
Anyway, I researched this before we went on vacation. And the boys and I went to a local fabric store ( I see many trips to said store in the future... not with kids!) I had a hard time deciding on my own between fabric, so I went to my backup selectors.... my three boys. YEP, between texting my mom pictures and having the boys pick out completely random fabric's.. we decided on a pink fabric with white polka dots. And it just so happens to match her crib sheet, and the piping on her bumper and quilt! PERFECT!!!
Anyway, I knew coming home from vacation that this was going to be the first project I tackled. It only took me about a half hour and the best part..... NO SEWING!!! They look great and I can't wait to make more curtains for the boy's room, the windows downstairs, the sliding glass door down stairs, and eventually our room... once we redecorate.
I would have typed more of a tutorial about the curtains, but if you click on the blog link above, they give step by step instructions and seriously, they are super easy to make! YAY!
After much deliberation, this is the fabric the boys and I picked out.


Here is the final product!  I'll have to take a better picture.  I also need to trim up the bottom... I wanted them flowy, but it's a little too much for my taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment